For more than two decades, TPO, Inc. has provided outsourced human resources (HR) and strategic HR consulting services to small and medium-sized organizations in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Through hard work and focus, we’ve become known as a leader in helping businesses and not-for-profit organizations manage their people priorities.
Our clients are supported through the entire HR experience by our carefully chosen team. Our approach is to find the best and brightest HR professionals and provide them with the resources and infrastructure required to perform at the highest level. We work to develop an intimate understanding of the culture, mission and business objectives of our clients, and by doing this, we consistently deliver a high-quality service enhancing corporate capabilities and competitive advantage for our clients.
Senior HR Consultant (Part-time)
Businesses don’t run themselves. People run businesses. That’s why TPO believes passionately that every organization, no matter what size, deserves to benefit from great HR. Offering a full range of strategic consulting, outsourcing, interim and on-call HR services, our consultants and data-driven tools empower clients to achieve extraordinary results through their people.
TPO’s clients are supported through the entire HR experience by our carefully chosen team. Our approach is to find the best and brightest HR professionals and provide them with the resources and infrastructure required to perform at the highest level. We work to develop an intimate understanding of the business objectives of our clients, and by doing this, we consistently deliver high-quality, service enhancing solutions to our clients.
TPO Consultants work in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area with a number of different clients. As a consultant, you will be relied upon to provide the right mix of HR strategy management and core HR operations to our clients. You provide the critical, day-to-day link between HR plans, programs, activities and managers and staff. You are on-site with your clients at least once each week and support clients throughout the week from your home office. Your flexible approach and strong business acumen allow you to understand and work with a variety of clients with different needs and priorities. You design and implement all HR programs and ensure compliance. You are at the heart of client engagements, and you build rapport with executives, managers and staff to effectively lead the client’s HR function.
Why Work for TPO?
- We recognize the importance of flexibility and understand that not everyone wants or needs a full-time commitment. Working part-time for TPO, you won’t have to compromise on the quality or substance of the work that you do. Your work will be challenging and critical to the success of the different businesses that you support.
- Our environment is one of highly dedicated professionals who are engaged in making a difference in all that we do.
- We take our responsibilities to staff seriously, providing a competitive benefits and compensation package.
- TPO offers a unique opportunity for senior level HR professionals to perform HR consulting without the distraction involved with running an independent business.
- TPO’s collegial environment provides the sense of belonging to a team and continuous professional development.
- Working independently, you will have flexibility to arrange work schedules that meet both client and your personal lifestyle needs.
- Analytical and strategic. Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Change management expertise. Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Willing to listen and articulate a clear vision. Excellent model of tact and discretion.
- Intellectually curious. Eager to understand the unique culture that exists in the organizations you serve. Aware of best practices of other organizations and external market conditions.
- Service oriented, accountable and creative. Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization, identify creative solutions and own your recommendations. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Approachable, flexible and responsive. Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Self-confident and relationship-driven. Ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with clients. Must demonstrate excellent judgment and know “where to draw the line.”
- Technology fluent. Experience using standard IT tools and learning new technologies and workplace practices.
At least 15 years of experience in human resources. Comfortable with accountability for results in all HR areas, including workforce planning, employee communications and culture, professional development including mentoring and coaching, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, compliance, compensation, benefits and measuring the impact of HR initiatives on business results.
Demonstrated business acumen including experience reporting to or working directly with a chief executive.
Prior consulting experience preferred.
Must reside in DC metro area and be available to go on-site to clients.
Send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.